Become a Miss Carbon County Royalty Contestant
The Miss Carbon County Organization is a local scholarship organization that serves as a preliminary competition for the Miss Utah & Miss Utah's Outstanding Teen Scholarship Pageants. The pageant process teaches young women viable life skills: public speaking, vocabulary, poise, strength, knowledge and voice in political and current events, and helps each candidate discover their values.
PAGEANT DAY: OCTOBER 28th, 2017 for Miss Carbon County & Miss Carbon County's Outstanding Teen
Young women aged 17-23 are eligible to compete in the Miss Carbon County pageant and young women age 13-16 are eligible to compete in the Miss Carbon County Outstanding Teen pageant Contestants need to live, work, or go to school in the Carbon County area.
To be eligible a woman must be:
- A High school senior and 17 years old before date of local pageant (October 28th, 2017) and no older than 24 years of age on December 31, 2017 to compete for Miss Carbon County.
- 13 years of age on or before October 28th, 2017. May not turn 18 years of age on or before July 31, 2019. May not have graduated from high school before the start of the MAOT National Finals (August 2019), unless approved to graduate early to compete for Miss Carbon County's Outstanding Teen.
- Has never been married
- Has never been pregnant or the parent of an adoptive child
- Has never been convicted of any crime; no pending criminal charges
- Has never been engaged in any activity, which is or could be characterized as dishonest, immoral, immodest, indecent or in bad taste
The Phases of Competition for Miss Carbon County are:
- Interview, 25%
- Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit, 10%
- Talent (90 seconds), 30%
- On-Stage Question, 20%
- Evening Gown, 15%
The Phases of Competition for Outstanding Teen are:
- Interview, 25%
- Lifestyle & Fitness, 15% (this is not a swimsuit competition, but a fitness routine)
- Talent, 35%
- Evening Gown/On-Stage Question $25%
For more information, please join us for a non-committal Orientation to have all of your questions answered.
When: Saturday, September 9th, 2017 at 10am for Outstanding Teen & 11:30am for Miss Carbon County
Where: Castleview Hospital South Entrance Classroom. We will be in the first room on your left.
Who: Anyone interested in competing and a parent or guardian
What to expect: Miss America Organization information; City requirements; Contract information; Children's Miracle Network; Talent; Interview Process; Building a community service platform, ideas, etc; Wardrobe requirements; meet the committee board and past Queens
RVSP: text or call Kylie Howes, Miss Carbon County Director 435-650-6744 or MeriLynn Tubbs, Outstanding Teen Director 801-599-4359
Please use the Contact Link below for any other concerns or any questions regarding the Mini, Little, & Junior Miss Competition to be held October 7th, 2017.